Call for Participants: CEELBAS Research Training Workshop
Using the British Library's Slavonic and East European Collections Thursday 20th-Friday 21st March 2014 at the British Library and UCL School of Slavonic & East European Studies
Call for Participants: CEELBAS Research Training Workshop; Using the British Library's Slavonic and East European Collections
Thursday 20th-Friday 21st March 2014 at the British Library and UCL School of Slavonic & East European Studies
The Centre for East European Language-Based Area Studies (CEELBAS) invites Research Masters and PhD students to register for a two-day research training event offering a practical introduction to the British Library’s extensive Slavonic and East European Collections – the largest research resource in the field of Slavonic, East European and Soviet Studies in the UK.
The event is open to Research Masters and Doctoral students at any of the CEELBAS network universities: Bath, Birmingham, Cambridge, Kent, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield, Warwick, the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London, and UCL.
The programme (see attached) includes:
- an introductory session at the British Library;
- a networking drinks reception for participants and BL and curators at UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies;
- small group ‘show and tell’ sessions; an opportunity for independent exploration of the BL’s collections;
- a chance to receive personalised and research-specific help and advice from the BL’s team of experts.
Ideal for those at the start of Master’s or Doctoral research, the workshop will provide practical research skills and highlight the breadth and diversity of the materials available in the UK for language-based research on Russia, Central and Eastern Europe.
A limited number of travel and accommodation bursaries (up to £100) are available for those coming from outside London.
To register for a place, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th December, confirming:
- Your name;
- Your university and programme of study;
- Whether you would like to request a travel/accommodation bursary;
- Your main research interests (key-words);
- and which of the British Library’s Slavonic and East European collections (view list) you would be most interested in exploring.
Places and travel bursaries will be allocated on a ‘first come first served basis’. To enable the British Library’s experts to prepare the training sessions, participants will be required to provide a fuller outline of their research, indicating the areas of the collections that they are most interested in, one month in advance of the workshop.
For all queries about the workshop, please e-mail the CEELBAS Administrator: email@example.com
The Centre for East European Language-Based Area Studies (CEELBAS)
CEELBAS is a network of leading UK universities established to promote the study of all the countries of Central, Eastern, South-Eastern Europe and the Baltics, Russia, as well as Turkey and the Black Sea, Central Asia and the Caucasus.
Postgraduate and early-career researchers facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/ceelbas